Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Skiing

I went skiing at Doge Ridge. I loved it for lots of reasons. It wasn't the best weather,but that didn't make a big difference.



On the drive there we were in a snowglobe. It was like you wound it up and it plays storm music and the cars go around slowly. You shake the snowglobe and snow flies everywhere. The funny thing was that there was lighting and the trees around us actually where in a globe shape.

We Finally got there around 9:00. I was so excited when we got there so I threw on my snow clothes and rushed to get my ticket and boots, poles, and skis. However, I was in such a hurry that I forgot my beanie. In the morning I was in such a hurry that I forgot my sunglasses for eye protection!!!

I took a ski lesson. It helped me feel more in-control of my skis. One thing I learned was that wherever you make your skis go you go. So you might want to be a little careful.

When I was done with the lesson I ate lunch. After that I went wherever I wanted to with my skis. My friends and I went to chair 6. I wanted to show some jumps to them. I decided to take what I thought was a shortcut. It ended up being really deep snow and my skis got stuck in it. I tried and tried to pull them out. When I finally got them out I fell in more deep snow and my poles slid down the hill. I got out again and retrieved my poles. I went back up the lift to help my friends who had been higher up. By now I was soaked and tired. When I finally go to where my friends were someone came by and helped them. All this seemed like hours of our precious time, but it turned out like only 30 minutes ( which is still a pretty long time ). I finally showed them the little jumps and we were fine.

Next I went on chair 2 and went over to 1. One's chair were not running at the time. One is a harder slope so we took a little path down over to 2. Connor didn't listen to anything and went razor speed down 1! What a fall he had. Next I went over to chair 3. Chair 3 is a black diamond so we went on Highs path. By now all the icy hard snow was hitting my face hard core as I zoomed down the hills. My cheeks turned a bright fiery red from all the ice hitting it. They are still rosy red today. After that I was done skiing. My whole face was burning when I went into the lodge. My beanie was so covered with ice you couldn't see it. I returned my rental stuff and soon after that we left. We got pizza yum yum. Finally we got home. I was so tired and went to bed right away.

I had such a great time. Skiing is fun, cold, and speedy. I can't wait to go again. I love skiing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

pat and mitch said...

Clare: You definitely are getting to be quite a skiier... and perservering - I didn't even know that you got stuck for that long. I fell once, too, and it took about 10 minutes to get my ski back on!!! What fun, though, grammy